Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for April, 2009

Just like a fairy-tale

img_8009

Kelly on a dragon-hunt through Sundsvall. All embellishments except the photo corners are cut with the Gazelle and then stamped and inked. A few drops of Stickles here and there completed the layout.

Read Full Post »

By mistake I found that it’s easy to make your own glue dots… I frequently use a glue that dries tacky, Klaeber-fix, which I accidently left a few drops of on my nonstick worksheet overnight… The morning after they worked like glue dots! Yay! I immediately started making more and have used them for a week now.

Read Full Post »

Not if you’re a scrapper! I still have photos from Christmas to work with, here are a few of them

img_7147

I played around some with my Gazelle here, this was my first attempt at welding alphas – and it worked!

img_7148

My last play with the Fiskars cutting system – the day after I made this layout I handed the cutter and all the templates over to my daughter, Jessica.

img_7090

Back to the Gazelle! The paper embellishments are all made with it. The journaling is written on handmade paper from Svartvik.

img_7152

Hey, no cuts? That’s right. I can still create without it, although it’s hard…

img_7153

… so I dug deep in the jewelry supplies instead!

img_7154

A felt border from a nearby store and a skeleton leaf from IKEA.

img_7155

The alpha “buttons” are made of FIMO-clay, I added some Alco Inks to them and topped with stickers from Mrs Grossmans.

img_7156

The glittery flower center is a PopUp dot from Glue Dots covered with Doodlebug Sugar Coating.

img_7151

This felt border is from Panduro. I added some dots with Liquid Pearls to it.

img_7409

Except for the Prima flowers, all paper embellishments are cut with the Gazelle. The Poinsettia is cut in gold cardstock and painted with Distress Inks.

img_7410

img_7411

This is an acrylic frame that got dressed up with some gold leaf and Alco Inks. I was very pleased with the result and will make more of those!

Read Full Post »

And Friday means a new weekly challenge at CropStop! Jump over and check it out! Hint: it’s all black and white today…

img_8183

Instructions for the fan can be found in my previous post (pointing downwards). The flowers are made from black cardstock cut with the Gazelle using the BossKut Daisy “die” and stamped with an unknown stamp with Staz-On in Cotton White. For the fan I used Autumn Leaves Whirly Gigs stamps and Staz-On in Jet Black, the edges are colored with Distress Inks Black Soot.

coolcat1

My little cool cat, Kevin.  The flowers here are Prima Esprit and BossKut Wildflowers cut with the Gazelle, inked and embossed.  The flourish is also cut with the Gazelle, a BossKut shape that I have sized up a bit. A lot of jewelry parts and so these glass decorations that I have stamped, embossed and covered with 3D-laquer.

img_7992

My aunt celebrated her 80th birthday some weeks back and this is the card I made for her. WorldWin cardstock, K&Co Ancestry paper, Prima flowers and some stuff from my stash.

Read Full Post »

I have this thing about fans… The vintage ones! I needed one for a project I’m working on, but couldn’t find them anywhere so I made my own template for the Gazelle. Those of you who use this can e-mail me at 060.615249@telia.com and I’ll send you the template. Otherwise, you’ll have to use the .jpg-file below.

fantemplateI have made the parts approx 4″ (10 cm) high, and have used 8 or 9 parts for each fan. Cut them in patterned paper or cardstock to decorate yourself. I used plain white CS for mine, inked, stamped and embossed and this is what I came up with:

img_8200

Put a brad through the hole to hold the parts together, and if you want you can thread a ribbon through the slits, like I did:

img_8201

Thread ribbon up through slit no 1 on the part furthest back, down through slit no 2 and up through slit no 3 and continue through slit no 1 on the second part. Spread the fan as you like it to be when you have gone through all the parts, attach the ribbon ends on the back.

img_8202

Finished!

Products used: White CS, stamps from Pysselmyran and Autumn Leaves, Distress Inks and Embossing Powder from Ranger, Staz-On stamp pad. Ribbon from stash.

Read Full Post »

but I’ve made cards today, too! How about that? For someone that seldom makes cards I can tell seven in a row is kind of a record!

A new challenge at 365 Cards today, accordion fold and this is what I made:

accordionfront

accordion

I didn’t follow Vicki’s instructions to the point, but I used the measures she gave.

This weekend there’s a cybercrop going on at Mima’s, one of my favorite Swedish shops. Check out their forum here! I found several challenges that I will give a try at, check back tomorrow to see the results.

Read Full Post »

I had some of the challenges this week at 365 Cards undone, so I made them all today. Here they are:

img_8144

Money holder

img_8145

img_8146

Gift card holder

img_8147

Tri-fold card

img_8148

Pop-up card

img_8151

Score a pattern card

Since I’m not a cardmaker, this week has been so fun and I really look forward to the challenge tomorrow! Usually I just make the cards I need for some occasions, but now I have some ready made, just put in sentiments or other text in!

Read Full Post »

Older Posts »