Archive for May, 2009

Strange photo?

Nope, not at all!


When I make my own glue dots, I simply put Klaeber-fix in dots on a non-stick baking sheet (a non-stick craft sheet can also be used) on one side of the sheet. If I want thin dots, I simply fold the other half over and press lightly, if I want thicker dots (which I prefer), I just leave them to air dry, and fold the other half of the sheet over for protection once they’ve dried. As I’m a heavy user of dots, this has saved me at least $10 in a month!

This is one of my favorite songs, it’s so true, so sit back and listen to the lyrics!

Read Full Post »


InkyWings has blog candy to celebrate Mother’s Day (which we celebrate on Sunday, May 31st here in Sweden). Check it out here!

Read Full Post »

I took a deep dive down in my bead stash and found tons of things to use! All those boxes with left-over beads are now being made as decorations and embellishments for my layouts. I have this thing for seed beads – the smaller, the better! – and have used them to make “ribbons”, fringes and small flowers. And I can do it while watching tv…


Besides the beaded fringe I found a crocheted tablecloth and a flower made from polymer clay.



For this LO I made a three-bead netting:



I used Matsuno 11/0 beads in a lovely pinkish color that was perfect for the papers.


Small flowers and a “ribbon” made from Matsuno 8/0’s


My favorite bead supplier is Zionesse – go check them out! They have everything you need to make lovely beaded embellishments, and some scrapbooking stuff, too! Put fast and friendly service to that, and that’s why they’re my favorites.

Now I have some more ideas on what to do with these small beads – so back to the working table while I watch Lie to Me…

Read Full Post »

Some LO’s I’ve made during the past year – very mixed!


PP from Calambour and some cuts with the Gazelle.


What’s up and what’s down? The flower is from a Prima Mini-can and the leaf from an ordinary satin flower.


This PP is from Dovecraft, stickers from Bo Bunny, flowers from Prima. Hey, there’s a strange flower in there…


The yellow-tinted one is made by casting UTEE in a silicone mould.


The living room after our re-modeling just before Christmas. The key is a chippie from Maya Road, covered with UTEE in platinum.


The dining room was re-modeled at the same time. The candle decoration and photo mat is cut with the Gazelle, journaling made on handmade paper with grass inclusions from Svartvik Paper.


All paper embellishments are cut with the Gazelle.


I think this butterfly is just lovely!


Kevin, very determined that it will work… MME Trés Jolie papers, Prima flowers and AC Thickers.


My dragon rider! DCWV paper, all paper embellishments made with the Gazelle, and some jewelry components.


King and Prince of the Couch! WRMK paper, Bo Bunny stickers, Prima flowers and some metal embellishments (Alco-Inked) and vintage buttons.


Safe Haven.  I got use of some odd things I’ve found in my drawers.


All paper embellishments are cut with the Gazelle, the star is cut from birch bark.



The papers are all MME Trés Jolie, except for the vintage print which comes from a series of papers called Renaissance Papers. Flowers are all Prima,  the flourish is cut with the Gazelle and covered with UTEE in platinum. The brads are common office type, covered with UTEE.


White CS and K&Co Ancestry papers.  The white distressed paper behind the photo mat is handmade from Svartvik Paper and has a lovely grain structure. The flourish si cut with the Gazelle, and then stamped and inked with Distress Inks. The metal embellishments are all jewelry components.


I have started an album for Kevin’s teacher, which will leave the class after three years. This is one of the LO’s from a Star Night they had last year. The K&Co paper went so well with the colors in the photo. The daisies are a BossKut original cut with the Gazelle, and the strange trimming is made with seed beads using a necklace pattern!


I get all my seed beads from my favorite bead supplier, Zionesse. They have everything I need for bead weaving. I’ve made a whole bunch of decorations using the left-over beads. A fun way to jazz up the pages!

Read Full Post »

It might be called a bright idea… Altering lamps with Alcohol Inks!

I started with an inexpensive lamp from IKEA (Lampan), worked with Alcohol Inks over it, and added some flair with pearls or jewels, Doodlebug Stick With It covered with foil and then some trimming. Finished, and a very inexpensive touch for my home! Of course they were made in colors matching my curtains…

I made one brown



and one green




Next project: flower pots to match! I think I need a trip to IKEA tomorrow…

Read Full Post »

Older Posts »