Archive for the ‘lesson’ Category

Want to make a card that can be put on a shelf for display? Check out the tutorial at CropStop!

Read Full Post »

I use a lot of flowers, and I need to change the appearance of them sometimes… This time I made them marbled!

Cut, die cut or punch your flowers from watercolor paper, bend the petals slightly to the back.

Add Distress Inks directly from pad to a craft sheet, mist lightly with water. Put the flowers FACE UP on the color/water area.

Mist lightly with water and let the flowers soak as much or as little ink as you like. Leave to dry.

Patterned paper is Heidi Grace, the photo mat is handmade paper from Svartvik Paper, title cut from self adhesive Bazzill with the Gazelle and colored with Glimmer Mists. Ranger Enamel Accents used on the Kaiser flowers and the roses.

The Gazelle is available at CropStop and Bumblebee, Ranger Enamel Accents from CropStop.

Read Full Post »

I’ve been thinking about this for a long time. Storage… For some reason I couldn’t find anything that suited me. Well, now I have! I made it myself!

Basic ingredients: chipboard, plain paper, cardstock, book cover plastic, acetate, stamps, inks, BIA and o-wires.

Start up with the covers: I used 8×8″ chipboard/mountboard, cut two pieces of plain white paper approx 10×10″. Mark out on the papers where the folds will be. Decorate the papers with stamps, inks or whatever you like. I used stamps and Distress Inks.

Glue the boards to the back of the papers, score and fold starting with mitring the corners. The folds get neater if you score them with your bone folder first. Glue the excess paper to the back of the board. Set aside for now.

Now start with the inner pages. Cut cardstock measuring 20.3×24.3 cm and score and fold 4 cm from the short end. Decorate if you wish.

Cut book covering plastic to 18.8×20.3 cm, the long side of it should line up with the right side of the back cardstock, leaving some 1.5 cm gap from the fold of the flap.

Cut acetate measuring 20.3×29.7 cm and score and fold at 18.8 cm from the short end (this will be on the front of the page). The long piece on the back side will make the page more sturdy. Glue or tape with the fold lining up with the right side of the cardstock.

I used 6 of these inner pages for my album. Line the flapsides up to the left, bind together using a BIA following the manufacturers’ directions or make holes with a crop-a-dile and bind with book rings. 6 inner pages goes well with 3/4″ o-wires. Decorate the insides of the covers.

I put my clear stamps on the acetate flap, when folded together and tucked under the cardstock flap, I see the stamps as they will show when stamped.

So far I’ve made 3 of these albums, and more are to follow!

Read Full Post »

One of the things I use the Gazelle very often to do, is cutting my titles. I prefer to use the Bazzill self-adhesive cardstock as it cuts well without dragging, and I have been able to calibrate the knife to cut through the cardstock, but not the backing paper.

I usually cut a whole 12×12 sheet with different titles, cut them apart and then start to work with them. Here I have made it very easy, just take the negative part of the cutting off, spray with Glimmer Mist and dry. Easy!

Read Full Post »

Faux suede double journal

I’ve been wanting to try this out for a long time, but finding Liquid Appliqué in Sweden wasn’t that easy… However, my CT-mom Haylie at CropStop decided to take it into the store, and the rest is history… I’ve used several of them by now!

I cut the outside covers 12×17 cm and the inner cover 13,5×17 cm, the inside pages at 11,5×15,5 cm.

Spritz out Liquid Appliqué in brown and a little black on a palette or craft sheet.

Use a brayer to roll it on the outside of the covers.

Let dry overnight.

Heat using heat gun or embossing tool, and watch the faux suede appear…

The insides of the covers and both sides of the inside cover are painted with Crackle Paint. Decorate them as you please.

Stamp on the inside pages, I’ve used both handmade paper from Svartvik Paper and regular cardstock.

I used Swivel Clasps and Ball Chains as closure, attached to the book binding rings.

Read Full Post »

Older Posts »