Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Posts Tagged ‘cardstock’

I’ve shown both cardstock and vellum at the Bumblebee blog today!

Advertisements

Read Full Post »

I’ve been thinking about this for a long time. Storage… For some reason I couldn’t find anything that suited me. Well, now I have! I made it myself!

Basic ingredients: chipboard, plain paper, cardstock, book cover plastic, acetate, stamps, inks, BIA and o-wires.

Start up with the covers: I used 8×8″ chipboard/mountboard, cut two pieces of plain white paper approx 10×10″. Mark out on the papers where the folds will be. Decorate the papers with stamps, inks or whatever you like. I used stamps and Distress Inks.

Glue the boards to the back of the papers, score and fold starting with mitring the corners. The folds get neater if you score them with your bone folder first. Glue the excess paper to the back of the board. Set aside for now.

Now start with the inner pages. Cut cardstock measuring 20.3×24.3 cm and score and fold 4 cm from the short end. Decorate if you wish.

Cut book covering plastic to 18.8×20.3 cm, the long side of it should line up with the right side of the back cardstock, leaving some 1.5 cm gap from the fold of the flap.

Cut acetate measuring 20.3×29.7 cm and score and fold at 18.8 cm from the short end (this will be on the front of the page). The long piece on the back side will make the page more sturdy. Glue or tape with the fold lining up with the right side of the cardstock.

I used 6 of these inner pages for my album. Line the flapsides up to the left, bind together using a BIA following the manufacturers’ directions or make holes with a crop-a-dile and bind with book rings. 6 inner pages goes well with 3/4″ o-wires. Decorate the insides of the covers.

I put my clear stamps on the acetate flap, when folded together and tucked under the cardstock flap, I see the stamps as they will show when stamped.

So far I’ve made 3 of these albums, and more are to follow!

Read Full Post »

One of the things I use the Gazelle very often to do, is cutting my titles. I prefer to use the Bazzill self-adhesive cardstock as it cuts well without dragging, and I have been able to calibrate the knife to cut through the cardstock, but not the backing paper.

I usually cut a whole 12×12 sheet with different titles, cut them apart and then start to work with them. Here I have made it very easy, just take the negative part of the cutting off, spray with Glimmer Mist and dry. Easy!

Read Full Post »

I don’t know what the ooh is about… No clue whatsoever!

CS: WorldWin Papers and Fabriano, stamps: Bo Bunny and Daisy Bucket, alphas: AC Thickers Giggles, stamp pad: Colorbox, EP: Stampendous Jeweled Gold, watercolor pencils, fluid chalks, stickles, die cuts: Ellison Decorative Accents and Cuttlebug Embossed Butterflies, Glue Dots Pop Dots.

Read Full Post »